Missouri Valley College welcomes students seeking to transfer from other institutions of higher learning, including those who have completed community college work. Students shall submit the following materials to ensure that their applications are processed promptly:
- Missouri Valley College application for admission.
- A high school transcript or the recognized equivalent of a high school diploma (not necessary for students with more than 27 transferable hours.)
- Official transcripts of all previous collegiate work, including financial aid transcripts. Students should provide a copy of the previous college's catalog to ensure proper credit transfer. If official transcripts are not received within a reasonable time, the student's academic and financial aid status may change.
- ACT or SAT score (not necessary for students with more than 27 transferable hours.)
Transfer credits are awarded as follows:
- The College accepts bachelor’s credible courses and hours from regionally accredited colleges and universities; however, graduating students must fulfill all residency, core, major, and degree requirements.
- Only courses in which a grade of "D" or above was earned will be accepted for transfer credit.
- An AA degree from a regionally accredited institution will be accepted as completion of the MVC general education core curriculum.
- Completion of the Missouri Department of Higher Education Core Curriculum Transfer (Core 42) will be accepted as completion of the MVC general education core curriculum.
- Applicants for a degree or certification from MVC who already hold a Bachelor’s degree from another regionally accredited institution must complete at least 12 hours of upper division courses in the major in residency, and meet the overall residency requirement of 30 hours. The general education core will be considered complete.
- Missouri Valley College accepts bachelor’s credible dual credit courses from regionally accredited colleges and universities in which a grade of "D" or above has been earned.
- An applicant who has been granted the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) and who has been granted a license as a Registered Nurse shall be granted 60 credit hours, but shall be required to complete the College's general education core and major requirements.
- A maximum of 12 credit hours of physical education activity courses will be accepted in transfer.
- Only MVC coursework will apply toward a student’s grade point average, unless the course is a repeat course previously taken at MVC.