To be eligible for the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, a student must meet these minimum requirements:
- Complete 120 credit hours with a grade point average of not less than 2.0.
- Satisfy the General Education Core Curriculum.
- Pass a course of study and examination of the Constitution of the United States and the State of Missouri by completing HS 104 or HS 105 or PS 100.
- Successful completion of a Writing Intensive (WI) course.
- Successful completion of a Service Learning (SL) course.
- Complete an academic major with a grade point of at least 2.0, with no grade less than "C", and no pass/fail grades in the major. Some majors have course specific requirements of no grade less than “B”. (*Note: BFA degree requires an overall grade point average of at least 2.5 and a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average in the major).
- Complete in residence the last 30 credit hours.
- Complete in residence at least 12 hours of the academic major.
- Complete 40 semester hours of upper division courses.
- Complete the major assessment requirement.
- Merit the recommendation of the faculty.
- Pay graduation fee of $100.
Seniors who have completed a minimum of 30 graded hours in residence at Missouri Valley College are eligible for graduation.
Latin honors are only awarded for the undergraduate programs. Latin honors based on the following overall grade point averages:
|3.90-4.00 -- Summa Cum Laude|
|3.70-3.89 -- Magna Cum Laude|
|3.50-3.69 -- Cum Laude|